Many of us experience pain from time to time and some of us live with chronic pain. With so many TV ads promoting over-the-counter NSAID pain solutions, it can seem that feeling better is as simple as popping a pill. Unfortunately, that’s not the entire story.
As early as 2005 the FDA warned that taking OTC drugs can increase the risk of having a heart attack or stroke. In 2015, they revised and strengthened their warning. It’s important to note, that we are not stating that everyone who uses NSAID’s will experience issues.
“Based on our review and the advisory committees’ recommendations, the prescription NSAID labels will be revised to reflect the following information:
- The risk of heart attack or stroke can occur as early as the first weeks of using an NSAID. The risk may increase with longer use of the NSAID.
- The risk appears greater at higher doses.
- It was previously thought that all NSAIDs may have a similar risk. Newer information makes it less clear that the risk for heart attack or stroke is similar for all NSAIDs; however, this newer information is not sufficient for us to determine that the risk of any particular NSAID is definitely higher or lower than that of any other particular NSAID.
- NSAIDs can increase the risk of heart attack or stroke in patients with or without heart disease or risk factors for heart disease. A large number of studies support this finding, with varying estimates of how much the risk is increased, depending on the drugs and the doses studied.
- In general, patients with heart disease or risk factors for it have a greater likelihood of heart attack or stroke following NSAID use than patients without these risk factors because they have a higher risk at baseline.
- Patients treated with NSAIDs following a first heart attack were more likely to die in the first year after the heart attack compared to patients who were not treated with NSAIDs after their first heart attack.
There is an increased risk of heart failure with NSAID use.” Source: FDA
Inflammation is our immune systems response to protecting and repairing our body from injury or disease and it’s a cause of pain.
Research shows that Cannabidiol (CBD) oil suppresses inflammatory and neuropathic pain. (Source: PubMed.gov) and CBD offers an alternative for people who have chronic pain and that rely on more dangerous, habit-forming medications like Opioids.
CBD oil is a natural pain reliever offering hope that pain can be suppressed without the negative effects of an OTC. For this reason, it’s seen by many as a better choice.
Nature’s Way Botanicals, LLC was founded to combat the chronic back pain and inflammation that 2 of the owners were experiencing daily. They knew that long-term use of NSAIDs could be very bad for our bodies and so they began looking for alternatives.
Research shows that CBD / Hemp Solutions created from mother earth’s plants and flowers have been used for centuries to naturally heal many kinds of ailments including pain reduction. Once these benefits were discovered, Nature’s Way Botanicals, LLC was launched. The company is committed to educating people about alternative medicine opportunities and to help them live and love life without being tied to the potential terrible side effects of some of the prescribed treatments that they may currently be taking.
We strongly advise that you consider using CBD instead of an over-the-counter NSAID for Pain Relief. If you’d like to learn more information about the benefits of using CBD, please visit us at natureswaybotanicals.com